I've got an early present!!

Not by chance of course! I bought it for myself as a little delight for my upcoming birthday. As much as I don't want to celebrate entering an other decade, I still love the presents!=)
I was looking for a book cover image of my favorite series from Lawrence Block the other day, when I discovered his official site for the first time. He has this very simple but funny website, with the flash animations, images and of course his writing. Even his newsletters are a good read,I enjoyed the site a lot and subscribed for the newsletter right away. Then I looked through his e-bookstore for his all-autographed books and I found this! I myself have the whole series of "The Burglar Who.." and waiting for a long time for a new one. So when I saw a limited edition short story by him and his wife for a special project with Bernie as the head character I jumped on it.I loved the idea of having an autographed piece by a beloved author and having a limited edition is like sharing a secret.=)
One other interesting sale is of the translated editions. From all around the world editors are sending him copies of his book in their native languages(including Turkish ones) and now he is selling these multilingual bookes with his autograph to the collectors. I thought that this is wonderful! These are very giftable and collectible with a bargain price.
Finally yesteday my booklet came, it consists of 15 pages which I'm saving for a best time to read like keeping a bar of chocolate for a romantic comedy.
The final touch to my lovely-read-to-be is that it's been sent to me by Mr. Block himself! I was amazed when I saw his very own signature on the envelope. On these days of assistants of assistants , Mr. Block is beening very modest indeed.



Polisiye seviyorsanız her türlüsü için Lawrence Block okuyabilirsiniz; ciddi, gerilimli, komik, heyecanlı. Bu çok yönlü yazarı üniversitenin ilk yıllarında İstanbul'daki kitap fuarı ziyaretlerimde keşfetmiştim. Türkiye'de Oğlak Yayınları'ndan çıkan ve çok başarılı çevirilere sahip olan bu polisiye serilerin sahibinin bir de kendi sitesi var. Tüm yayınlarını imzalı olarak bulabileceğiniz bu sitede en büyük özellik, yabancı yayın kuruluşlarından elde ettiği ve yine imzaladığı farklı dillerde hazırlanmış basımlarla oluşturduğu bölüm. Kendiniz hayranıysanız veya polisiye seven bir sevdiğiniz varsa edinin,üstelik çok da uygun fiyatlara.

Comments

Popular Posts